Software Engineer (Intern)
TWC Innovations is a leading Sri Lankan technology company with a diverse portfolio of products used by local and global corporations. Our talented and passionate team strives to keep all our clients on the frontiers of digital innovation.
Salaries at TWC Innovations are pegged to the US Dollar. And you will be able to work flexibly from the comfort of your home as this is a hybrid (remote + on-site) role.
What you’ll be doing
- DActive involvement in live projects alongside our senior and junior developers, project managers, and designers.
- Hands-on experience in the software development lifecycle and programming for enterprise solutions.
- Gaining knowledge of processes and best practices.
- Improving your communication skills and understanding the dynamics and nuances of working with a team.
- Participating in feature development, product development and requirement-gathering discussions.
- Building pixel-perfect user interfaces across multiple platforms
- Gaining exposure to development environments and learning how to set them up.
- Learning how to work in a highly changing and ever-evolving environment
- Being an undergraduate or having a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering or equivalent qualifications will be an advantage. However, a degree isn’t a must. If you feel like you have what it takes, go ahead and apply!
- Basic programming and database concept knowledge.
- Knowledge of React/React Native, Redux and other commonly used modules (or the willingness to gain knowledge on them)
- Knowledge of creating REST APIs in Node JS. (or the willingness to gain knowledge on them)
- The ability to efficiently work remotely and deal with the challenges associated with working remotely.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work dynamically with a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
- Exquisite attention to detail.